Hospitality is the most booming service industry, with a high disposable income, quality of service and customer satisfaction are needs for its growth. The Hospitality Industry encompasses a broad category of service segments within itself like Food & Beverages, Travel & Tourism, Lodging and Recreation, Event Planning and many more services
The Hotel and Restaurant business forms an integral part of the Hospitality Industry. Since globally this industry is flourishing now, it’s the right time to start a business
As an entrepreneur you would toil to bring your dream business from paper to reality by putting a lot of effort, from the selection of right location, hiring talented resource, marketing, branding, etc. The common mistake which most of the new restaurateur or hoteliers does it, they ignore the most important factor which has an impact on their business growth – Statutory Compliance.
Non-compliance to statutory norms will lead to legal complications, financial penalties, and temporary obstacles on operations or even permanent closures of your business.
It’s imperative for you to get all the mandatory industrial licenses and permissions to avoid your business from getting tangled in legalities.
Read on to know more about the mandatory licenses and regulations behind your dream hotel/restaurant business.
Before knowing the list of Industrial Licenses applicable to the Hotel Industry, let us see the associations that govern the Hotel Industry in India:
- The Federation of Hotels and Restaurants Association of India (FHRAI)
- The Hotel and Restaurant Association of Eastern India (HRAEI)
- The Hotel and Restaurant Association of Northern India (HRANI)
- South India Hotels and Restaurant Association (SIHRA)
- The Hotels and Restaurant Association Western India (HRAWI)
- Hotel Association of India (HAI)
List of mandatory Licenses for Hotel/Restaurant:
- FSSAI license
- Liquor or Bar license
- Health/Trade license
- Eating house license
- Licenses under shop and establishment Act
- Approval under catering establishments Act
- GST registrations and approvals
- NOC from the Fire Department
- Approvals/license under the Contract Labour Act
- Approvals/license under the Provident Fund Act
- Approvals/license under the ESI Act
- Lift clearance approvals
- Music clearance permissions
- Certificate of environmental clearance
- Signage licenses
- Entertainment License on Festival moments
- License for a chimney under the Smoke Nuisance Act
- Registration under the Weights & Measures Act
- License for Bakery Products
- Registration & Permits under the Motor Vehicle Act for Tourist Coaches / Taxies
Besides the above, there are many more specific licenses and regulations that apply based on individual business structure and locations.
Unlike other industries, the Hospitality Industry requires multiple approvals and licenses from local to Central Governments, which could run from Police to Labour laws and also from tax liabilities to environment clearance depending upon the size and amplitude of the business. We, Aparajitha, offer statutory compliance services with PAN-India presence, with our Labour Legislation expertise on the related subjects and well-positioned to support the corporate entities towards obtaining new/renewal of Industrial licenses within shortest possible turn-around time.
Aparajitha India’s No.1 compliance management firm offers full compliance assurance covering all categories and regulations to help you navigate the last mile as well and helps you initiate, track and manage compliance online with our e-compliance platform – Compfie.
Compfie is tech-enabled compliance solutions, which help track your compliance status, non-compliant task due dates, view records/reports, etc.
To know more about the statutory compliance services we offer to the corporate entities and for a free demo on our compliance software – Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or +91992406408.